There is nothing more delicious than a winter banana bread, fresh out of the oven.
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 eggs ( can substitute with our chia seed mix if you can't have eggs)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup of Banana Flour OR 1/2 cup each of coconut flour and 1/2 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (optional if you want it very moist.)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
Slice a banana in half long ways and put 1 of the halves aside to use as a topping (see picture).
In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (except zucchini). Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add salt and baking powder. Mix through well.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Pour into baking tray.
- Put half of banana on top. (optional)
- Bake for 30mins. longer if you use the oil.
- Allow to cool before removing from tray.
This recipe comes from Healthy Junk, get your copy here.
Pin it for later: bit.ly/HJ-banana-bread-pin